Thursday, October 29, 2009

Teens and the Internet

How do things like Facebook and Myspace change the way teens interact and communicate? I think you can defiantly act different online than you can in person. Alot of people are less shy online, because when they're talking to someone online, its not a face-to-face interaction. You can't see eachother, so you're alot less inhibited. It's kinda like confession. I like sitting behind the partition, so I don't have to look in the face of the priest I'm connfessing to. But, putting on a mask when you're online probably isn't the best thing to do. I think things like Mysapce and Facebook can be good though. Like when you want to keep in touch with people who are far away, like my cousins in Lewisville, or my St.Michaels friends I don't get to see that often. I think when teens are careful, and are more themselves online, its a good thing. I think maybe kids could be more open in real life if there weren't such things as Facebook and Myspace. If we're constantly connected to people, at school and at night, my thought would be that school is more boring. All the things you want to tell them the next day, you can on Facebook. Maybe that's a girl thing? I think without Facebook and Myspace, teens could probably get in a lot less trouble. I also think communication with the people we like, and love would maybe be more special, whether we see them every day or once every three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment